Tour 2 day Luxury Expedition with Elephants
Laos Tour Package Overview
To make it short, this is probably the best you can do around Luang Prabang Laos, given you love Elephants, nature and soft activities, good Lao food, superb accommodation with a pool,…and landscapes that will not let your eyes move away… Stay in a classic expedition camp that combines a true story out of the history books with a real lifetime experience between protected Elephants, river and jungles… Laos, the real Laos is waiting for you!
2 day Shangri Lao Expedition with overnight at Shangri Lao Classic Luxury Explorer Camp
“16th October 1883: Dr. Neis explores the Huay Sae Valley, returns to his camp and bathes his elephant…”
Unique Two day expedition from the Shangri Lao Explorer Camp around the Huay Sae jungle valley, traveling by elephant, on foot with porter horses, and by bamboo raft on the scenic Nam Khan river.
Shangri Lao Expedition Day 1:
8:00 – 8:30 am Your English speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel in Luang Prabang.
- Transfer by VIP minibus to the “Shangri-Lao Explorer Camp” 15 km outside Luang Prabang.
- After arrival, you leave your luggage at the reception and get an introductory tour of the camp. Your guide will teach you about elephants, you can talk with our veterinarian, feed the elephants and relax by the riverside.
- The expedition begins with an approximately 1.5 hour elephant ride through forests and over hills to a hidden valley.
- After reaching the protected Huay Sae Valley you leave the elephant and enjoy a luxury lunch with traditional Lao food and wine by a secluded waterfall. Depending on the water level you can swim in the natural pools.
- Continue with an approximately 1.5 hours trekking on foot. The adventurous trail crosses bamboo bridges and passes waterfalls with blue pools in dense jungle. Where the trail leaves the valley, traditional horses from the hill tribes are waiting for you to carry your bags. They will accompany you for another approximately 30 minutes trekking along fields and forest.
- Down at the Nam Khan River, a luxury bamboo raft is waiting for you. Slowly floating downstream, a relaxing approximately 1.5 hour journey plus an optional approximately 30 min stop at the Tad Sae Waterfall will bring you back to the camp. Have a coffee break, relax and watch the traditional village life of farmers and fishermen along the river.
- In the late afternoon you will arrive at the camp where your room is ready for Check In. Spend the rest of the day at the Jacuzzi swimming pool or go for a walk with your guide to visit the local village nearby.
- In the evening a delicious barbeque dinner will be served under the starry sky.
- Retiring for the night in a luxury style tent which will touch all of your senses with its unique surrounding.
Shangri Lao Luxury Expedition Day 2
- Get up early and meet the elephants down at the river to join their daily bath. After a short Mahout instruction you ride bareback on the elephant’s neck, wash it, scrub it and guide it through the river to the camp.
- Following breakfast you check out from your room.
- 10:00 am leave the camp and return by VIP minibus to Luang Prabang where your guide will drop you off at your hotel.
Shangri Lao Service includes
- VIP Minibus return transfer
- English speaking local guide
- an approximately 1.5 hour elephant ride in Howdah seat with roof
- an approximately 1.5 hour trekking + an approximately 30 min trekking with porter-horses
- an approximately 1.5 hour bamboo raft + an approximately 30 min optional stop Tad Sae
- Camp introduction with talk about elephants and feeding
- Meals (lunch including wine, coffee break, dinner, breakfast)
- Drinking water and welcome drink
- Accommodation in double room
- Short Mahout instruction and elephant bathing
Shangri Lao Service does not included
- Tips and donations
- personal expenses